- Supervise and Participate in the cooking process, and ensure the quality of the food prepared
- Planning, organizing, and monitoring the day to day operations of the canteen
- Providing leadership to canteen employees
- Supervise canteens during meal hours
- Ordering, purchasing and checking all supplies against invoices
- Use food preparation and food handling skills to minimize waste.
- Provide an Induction and training on the food preparation and other procedures to deliver an affordable food service
- Counting, recording and reconciling the daily takings according to the policy for safe handling of money;
- Ensure that stock is kept at appropriate levels and a stock take is undertaken at the end of each month;
- Implement procedures and processes regarding food safety to ensure that correct food handling and hygiene practices are performed to prevent food spoilage, contamination and subsequent food poisoning;
- Ensuring all canteen workers are familiar with correct food handling and hygiene practices in line with relevant legislation
- Ensure the safety, security and hygiene of the canteen. Also have a schedule for general canteen cleaning and hygiene inspections
- Review comments and feedback form employees and take appropriate measures to fix problems
- Suggest ways to improve the quality of the canteen service
- Ensure that the operation of the canteen is in line with the values of the company
- Give or facilitate training for the canteen staff as needed
- Diploma or Degree graduate on Hotel and Tourism Management.
- Fresh graduate and local language (Afan Oromo) knowledge is advantageous.
- More preferable to know cooking of Ethiopian dish and or hotel or canteen
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain records
- Basic Computer Skill
- Able to work in a demanding environment with minimal supervision and strict deadlines.
- Good communication skill
How to Apply
Interested and qualified potential candidates can apply online on www.malefiyajobs.com.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted